Secrets To Choose The Best Hair Stylist in Miami
Finding a hair salon in Miami is incredibly easy. Fortunately, South Florida has thousands of hair salons for virtually any client. Finding a good hair salon that is perfectly suited for your needs can be challenging, though. There are a lot of factors to consider, and the market is incredibly diverse. What’s more, you’ll need to know what you are looking for and what you want. This will make the decision much easier and quicker.
So, how do you choose the best hair stylist in Miami? Here’s a short guide to help you find the best in your area.
Know Exactly What You Want
There are tens, if not hundreds, of hairstyles and variations. Styling hair is all about your personality and your preferences, and the skill of the hairstylist. You are the person who knows best; you know what you need and want. Knowing what you want means that you can choose the best hairstylist in Miami who has the experience and expertise to help you.
Consider the type of stylist you are looking for. For instance, if your hair is special, such as short, curly, thick or frizzy, you should choose a stylist that has experience with this type of hair. Another good idea is to pick the hairstylist and then go to evaluate the salon. Make the decision only after you see the salon and how the stylists work.
- Check if the salon has stylists that are experienced with the type of hair you have; if they don’t have the right stylist, select another salon; keep in mind that stylists are very different – some are specialized in long hair, others in short hair and so on.
- If you have a shortlist of several salons, pick the salon that has the stylists that can work with your hair type; if unsure, ask whether they can help you.
Search Online For The Best Hair Salons.
The internet is still your #1 friend when it comes to searching for the right hair salon in Miami. Almost every salon has an online presence, and you can search locally, too. Search for salons in your area and create a shortlist of the best ones or the ones you like more:
- Fire up Google and simply put in the phrase “salons near me” or “hair salons”; this should be enough, and you will get tens of relevant results in your area.
- Include other keywords in your search, depending on what type of service you need; for instance, adding “hair extensions” will bring back the results you are looking for.
Similarly, you can use the search function on social media platforms, like Facebook; simply search for #miamicolorist to get results about the best hairstylist in your area.
Ask For Recommendations
If you still didn’t find the best hairstylist in Miami after searching online, you can ask around. Your friends, work colleagues or family, can definitely give you some suggestions. Do you know anyone who has a hairstyle you like or has recently gone to a new salon? If yes, ask them where they went. This is a good way to find the best hair stylist in Miami that you probably never even knew about but works well or is new in the area.
Evaluating The Hair Salons
If you already have several hair salons on your shortlist, it’s time to start evaluating them more closely. You will rely on the information the internet has to offer: check reviews, testimonials, and ratings. Fortunately, there are many websites that work as review aggregators, where customers leave reviews. Check them all and make sure you pay attention to every review, good or bad. Also, pay attention to the overall score and the number of reviews. Newer salons may have higher scores, but they come from fewer ratings so that the real rating can be skewed in their favour.
- Choose a salon that has a rating of 4.5/5 or above and has more than 100 ratings; this is a good sign that the salon offers high-quality services and has been around for a long time; if not, try to avoid at all costs salons. Which have a rating below 3/5 and more than 100 ratings – it means that they have poor services and (somehow) people still want to go there.
Avoid salons that have a low number of ratings or reviews – this shows that they are new, and it’s often a hit or miss with newer establishments.
Visit The Salon’s Website
Good salons always have a professional website. Here, they will show potential clients what they offer, their team of specialists, a list of prices and the additional services they can offer.
- If you are looking for a salon to get hair extensions, this service should be visible on their website.
Always avoid salons that don’t have a website; also, avoid it if the website is outdated, incomplete or looks unprofessional.
Contact The Salon
By now, you should have a shortlist with two or three salons that seem reasonable. Try to contact them and ask questions. A simple call is usually enough. Gain information on items not mentioned on the salon’s website. If you are pleased with the answers you receive, try to schedule a consultation. Make an appointment and see how the salon looks, how are the staff treating you and see whether you like it in general. Keep in mind that consultations are free for most salons. Come to the consultation with a precise list of the services you want. Think about the questions you want to ask or the style you want.
Look around the salon during your first visit. Is it clean? Is it modern and welcoming? Does the staff treat you well? Do they greet you and smile? Are there products available for sale? These are important factors when choosing a hair salon in Miami. If everything seems right and you find the staff welcoming, you may have just found the best hair salon! Good luck!