Car Scratch Fix: Which Products Work Best?
Looking after your car means spending a good amount of time on the exterior, and in doing so, it requires a lot of time and effort. It’s the first thing you and everyone else sees, right? You need to make it look squeaky clean no matter what. Luckily, there are a plethora of Car Scratch Repair Products specifically designed to make your car look great and bring back that original shine you fell in love with. With these products, scratches will no longer be a problem.
There are numerous brands of wash, polish, and wax for the exterior of your car, so there are a lot of products to choose from. Let’s go over this quick guide which will help you choose the best scratch remover for your car. A shiny car can be more easy and affordable to have. Keep reading to find out more:
Why Buy Car Scratch Removal Products?
* Improving The Exterior Of Your Car – Most car owners say the exterior is the most important, and washing your car is sometimes not enough to get that special look. Cars often get small scratches and blemishes through normal, every-day use, and washing doesn’t remove any of these abrasions. Using Car Scratch Repair Products will help make your car look better, improve its value and help you maintain the initial investment.
* Covering Up The Scratch Before Someone Else Sees It – Accidents happen and you’ll need to be prepared to repair any scratches. These products are affordable, easy to use and you can hide any scratches from your neighbors, family members or potential buyers. It’s a cheap alternative to a very expensive paint job.
* Avoiding Repairing Whole Panels Or Significant Car Components – Scratch removal products work on small spots, but they can also work on more extensive damage. They will help you avoid costly repair work, and will help you make your car look great in a matter of hours. Improving the look of your car with scratch removal products is cheap, effective and quick. It’s a money saver.
Increasing Its Value – Do you want to sell your car and try to hide a few imperfections? Scratch removal products are ideal for this. They are cheap, easy to use and work quickly. It takes only a few hours to correct small scratches and potential buyers will not even notice the small defects. We buy with our eyes, right? It’s an easy, cheap way to make your car look awesome!
Learning Some Diy Skills – Using scratch removal products is one of the quickest ways to learn basic paint correction skills. You will be able to repair small scratches on your car in the future and fix other small imperfections. For instance, experimenting with compounds will help you correct and match colors, but also cover blemishes.
Types Of Car Scratch Removal Products
There are four main types of scratch removal products that you can choose from, depending on the type of damage you want to correct. All these products work well if you follow the instructions. Let’s take a closer look:
* Scratch Removal Compounds – These products feature multiple compounds that act differently and successively in order to cover scratches. They sometimes include rubbing compounds, that act as polishing products. These products focus on shine mostly and work better with scratch removal kits.
* Scratch Removal Kits – These Products For Car Scratches are ideal for the average user. They feature a compound, an applicator of some kind and a microfiber towel. These kits are simple, cheap and provide to any user. Most scratches can be repaired with kits.
* Scratch Removal Cloths – These cloths feature a formulated compound inside them and don’t need to be wet in order to work. Usually, after you washed your car, wipe the scratched area in order to cover them. They work for small scratches, but some patience is required, as the compound takes some time to interact with the chemicals. The cloths must be kept in a sealed container for continued use and are usable for any colors.
* Touch-up Paint Pens – Paint pens cover scratches with matching paint and they usually work great, particularly if the scratch reached the base metal. It helps avoid rust and further damage, and they come in multiple colors.
The Features Of Common Scratch Removal Products:
Coverage – Sometimes, products may specify the depth of scratches that can be removed. Usually, the product also specifies what type of scratches it repairs. Cheaper products may cover only light scratches, while high-end products may go deeper. Always choose the product suits you.
Versatility – Some Products For Car Scratches are geared at only specific colors or types of finish, while others are effective in any color.
Hand or machine application – Almost all products work better if you use a buffing machine, but some are designed exclusively for hand application. Make sure to choose the product according to your needs.
Abrasiveness level – Not all compounds are the same. Some are designed with a higher abrasiveness for deeper scratches, while others are smoother, for lighter scratches. Keep this in mind when making a purchase.
Pricing of Most Car Scratch Removal Products:
$7 to $10 – Most scratch removal products that come as a single bottle unit cost about $10. The bottles usually have 8 ounces of product and you’ll get a small applicator. The product is either a cream or a spray, depending on the manufacturer.
$15 to $25 – These are the big players in the industry. You’ll get a bottle of product, an applicator and cloth or pad to better spread the product on the exterior of your car. These products can be used repeatedly and will be more reliable.
$25 and up – These are the highest quality Products For Car Scratches you can find. At this price point, you’ll likely get the full scratch removal kit, including a polishing product. The all-inclusive package may last years and will fix most scratches. It’s the best investment in terms of money and time.